NEW LICENSED AGENT CHECKLIST
FOLLOW THESE STEP-BY-STEP in ORDER
Get Plugged In
Send manager full legal name (First, Middle, Last), best email(email must be the same as used in HCMS and SuranceBay/SureLC), and phone number
Manager will register you in our Hierarchy Compensation Management System (HMCS). You will receive 4 emails:
- Your HCMS Account setup link
- Your personalized link to SuranceBay – contracting request platform
- An invite link to Slack – our team communication tool
- A “Welcome To The Team” email to join our New Agent Training email series
Need E&O Insurance?
You can purchase E&O: on SuranceBay – Select Option B
Complete Your Contracting Requests In SuranceBay
You should have received an email from HCMS Support with SuranceBay Link
- Watch the entire SuranceBay Overview Video and then get started.
- Create a New Profile with SuranceBay (If you have used SuranceBay/SureLC previously you MUST Create a NEW Account buy Using A NEW EMAIL and/or NEW PASSWORD),Request Contracts for all of the carriers liste
- Confirm they move to BGA status
- SuranceBay Statuses
- Producer: Go back through and confirm your contract request
- BGA: Good Job, you have done it correctly and your contract has been sent to our home office
- Carrier: FFL home office has sent your contract to the carrier
- Producer: Locate the reason inside of the message Bubble on the lower left corner and email your Upline IMMEDIATELY!!
Check your contracting request in SuranceBay on a daily basis for any notes on your requests
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Course
DO NOT Complete in SURANCEBAYis Provided once you have written your 1st piece of Business with AMERICO, MUTUAL OF OMAHA OR TRANSAMERICA. If you have an AML Certificate please upload.
Follow up with each carrier in 3 business days after your Contract Request changed to "Carrier" Status
Verify they have all your contracting paperwork and that there are no outstanding requirements
- Carrier contact info can be found : HERE
- Keep an eye on your email box for important messages and contracting confirmation from the carriers
- Make sure to look in your SPAM and Promotional folders of your email
Request Aetna, American Amicable, Foresters, Great Western and Transamerica in your HCMS Account
- Log into your HCMS Account
- Go to “Requests” –> “Add Requests” – “Select – New Carrier-SureLC Link –> Select “Add Carrier”.
Requests go to Agency Admin for Review. If APPROVED, the request will go to Carrier Status. If REJECTED, you will be notified via email.
- If you were CONTRACTED with the carrier please please RETURN to the HCMS Request “Select Approval Option” Enter AGENT ID/WRITING NUMBER. Then select “SUBMIT“
- Any UNSATISFIED Requests, must be resolved prior to the next Submission.
- To Add Agent Writing Numbers to HCMS:
- Log into HCMS Here: https://hcms.chims.uppatop.com/login
- Login is: “email” Password is: whatever you may have had, if you can’t remember reset password.
- Click on “REQUESTS“
- Click on “MISSING CARRIER/WRITING NUMBER”
- Click on “Select & Add Carrier”